Archives: Questions

LTF Frequently Asked Questions

What can I do with my PPL licence?

You will be licensed to fly as Pilot in Command and conduct navigational flights throughout Australia in any CASA registered aircraft up to 5700 kg, carrying a maximum of 5 passengers. As well, once you have 100 PIC hours you can get your Flight Instructor rating and teach training endorsements.

Can I work in Australia on a Student Visa?

If you are an International Student on a student visa you are permitted to work 20 hours a week. For full visa conditions please visit or contact a registered migration agent.

Do you provide DGCA syllabus for Indian student pilots?

Yes, we do. We provide a 210 hours DGCA syllabus for Indian students. It includes 15 hours of multi-engine training, 5 hours of Pilot In Command time at night and 40 hours of instrument time. This means that you can easily convert your CASA CPL to the DGCA CPL licence back in India.

If I get a Flight Instructor Rating or a Commercial Pilot Licence, will I get a job?

We do hire our students including international students and have flight instructors who are employed in their first flying job. We are committed to the development of future pilots and transitioning them into pilot careers once they hold the required licences. We also offer Pilot Job Guarantee Program, contact us to get more information.

Will I be covered by insurance when I am at Learn To Fly?

Learn to Fly has insurance cover for the following: $5 million Liability Insurance which covers all of our flying operations. $15 million Hangar Keeper’s Liability Insurance which covers all ground operations including incidents and accidents happening within the school and on the apron. Students and Trial Introductory Flight customers should contact their insurance provider for …

Will I be covered by insurance when I am at Learn To Fly? Read More »